Home Fire Escape Checklist
RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL SECURITY
HAVE A PLAN
TO BEGIN DEVELOPING A HOME FIRE ESCAPE PLAN with all members of your family, draw a map of your home. You can download the FORM (button below) to get started or simply make a map on a piece of paper. Then, use this checklist to make sure you escape plan includes all the elements needed to ensure your household’s safety from fire.
- I have made a map of our home indicating all windows and doors that can be used to get outside if the smoke alarm sounds.
- All members of my household have walked through the home with me to identify two ways out of each room.
- The home fire escape plan includes two ways out of every room in the home (usually a door and a window).
- All ways out of each room and the home are clear, free of clutter and can be opened easily.
- Security bars on doors and windows have a quick release device so they can be used to get outside in case of a fire.
- There is a meeting place (a tree, neighbor’s home, street light) outside in front of our home where everyone knows to meet upon exiting.
- Our house number can be clearly seen from the street.
- Our plan includes the local emergency telephone number (or 9-1-1) to be contacted immediately upon leaving the home.
- There are working smoke alarms in all required locations throughout our home; there’s at least one on every level of the home (including the basement), inside all bedrooms and outside each sleeping area.
- We all know what the smoke alarm sounds like, and what to do when we hear it.
- We have practiced our home fire escape drill and will continue to do so at least twice a year.
- Everyone in our home knows how to get low and go under smoke, in case we need to escape through smoke.
- We all know if the smoke alarm sounds, get outside of the home and stay outside and understand that we should alert the fire department to any people or pets trapped inside.
Serving the Midshore since 1974 – We are proud of our unparalleled local reputation with a long list of satisfied customers. We provide personalized service, quality workmanship and outstanding service. Our top notch installation team and service personnel will customize your system to meet your needs and provide support for you to assure your comfort and security.
Bay Country Security, Inc.
204 Dorchester Ave. Cambridge, Maryland, MD 21613 MON-FRI: 7:30AM - 5:00PM
SECURE SINCE 1989
Bay Country Security
Copyright © 2020. Bay Country Security. All Rights Reserved.